The Kings in Quebec City:
colleague @SebBovetSRC clarifies that, according to a source at Quebecor, the exclusive contract was signed in September 2023 with the Kings.
The Canadiens contacted Quebecor in October 2023. The die was cast, according to the company.
– Alexandre Gascon (@GasconAlexandre) November 15, 2023
After all, it’s with taxpayers’ money that we’re going to allow an already-rich club to come and play here. Let’s not forget that the CH, the club representing the province, wanted to come and play for free…
It’s beyond comprehension, even if Los Angeles would have shown interest earlier.
That’s what the Minister of Education and MNA for Lévis, Bernard Drainville, said. His comments were published in a text by Caroline Plante on La Presse.
The reason we made this decision is that we wanted to send a signal to the National League. – Bernard Drainville
Bernard Drainville is well aware that the timing wasn’t ideal. Do you think so?
After all, yes, the Canadiens’ owner has publicly campaigned for the Nordiques’ return in recent years, but internally, it may be a different story. It’s not necessarily in his interest to divide his territory.
“Once in a while, the National League has to know that we’re here, that we exist, that we have an amphitheatre ready to welcome a team” – @BDrainvilleQc (Le Soleil) No Bernard! You have to start by convincing Geoff Molson…not Gary Bettman and the NHL
– Enrico Ciccone (@EnricoCiccone) November 16, 2023
Ah, and it must be said that Finance Minister Eric Girard announced the subsidy a week after declaring that Quebec’s financial framework was “tight” and that the next six months would be difficult.
His colleague Yannick Gagnon (MNA for Jonquière) echoed his comments, saying that no, the timing isn’t perfect. In fact, he’s been receiving calls from disgruntled constituents.
I don’t see how the CAQ will be able to explain this decision. But hey, they can try…
In a row
– Not ideal.
Cole Caufield has 1 goal in his last 9 games. #GoHabsGo
– NHL Watcher (@NHL_Watcher) November 16, 2023
– Did you know? Michael Pezzetta speaks better French than Italian.
. @raphdoucet sat down with Michael Pezzetta yesterday to talk about his Italian roots.
– the importance of family
– “If you want to be understood, speak louder!”
– his fashion side
– #Habs #CH #Canadiens https://t.co/r4fE14wn7F pic.twitter.com/lQTJFuKU8Q
– La Poche Bleue (@lapochebleue) November 16, 2023
– All Cowboys Fringants songs tonight at the Bell Centre? In any case, the CH is preparing a little something. [98,5]
– A game to keep an eye on close to home.
The National Lacrosse League will host a regular-season game between the Toronto Rock and New York Riptide at Place Bell on Feb. 16, the Montreal Canadiens announced Thursday. https://t.co/EuitCmRp6L
– TSN 690 Montreal (@TSN690) November 16, 2023
– Another strong game for Matvei Michkov.