Hockey in Canada is in a bad way. So is Hockey Canada, for that matter, but that’s not the subject of my column. #Scandals
Canucks great and former president of hockey operations Trevor Linden caused a stir in the Vancouver market Wednesday evening.
– The Athletic NHL (@TheAthleticNHL) November 9, 2023
Right now, does the hope of bringing the Stanley Cup back to Canada really rest on the shoulders of the Toronto Maple Leafs, that great playoff club? It would appear so. And that’s not a good sign.
What’s crazy is that the club currently has as many points as the CH. Both clubs have a 6-5-2 record in 13 games, which is the equivalent of 14 points in the standings.
In Toronto, that’s not enough. And as we all know, problems can’t be solved by a magic transaction…
– Trade can’t fix what’s broken in Toronto
– Staios in no rush on GM situation
– Kane looking East
– No issues with Huberdeau/Huska
– GM Meetings agenda
– Suspension appeals
– TSN Hockey (@TSNHockey) November 9, 2023
The off-season signings (including Ryan Reaves) aren’t delivering the goods. The club’s defense, which is not good year after year, is even worse this year.
P.K. Subban isn’t impressed by what he sees, anyway. In his eyes, the club is wasting good years.
FIRE SHELDON KEEFE?
Do you agree or disagree with PK Subban?
– BarDown (@BarDown) November 10, 2023
Toronto is talking about protecting John Klingberg. And while we understand that he’s injured(he won’t play tonight, by the way), we can see the absurdity of protecting a free agent who signed at a good price to fix problems.
The club has just hired a new GM… but results are expected soon.
Free Puck | Why go after Keefe and not his bosses? https://t.co/dJseUWche0
– La Presse Sports (@LaPresse_Sports) November 10, 2023
– For those interested.
Canadiens Embedded: Episode 1
– Montreal Canadiens (@CanadiensMTL) November 10, 2023
Hawks mascot creates the malaise of the yearhttps://t.co/eKIFVMoZPp
– RDS (@RDSca) November 10, 2023
– Pierre Lacroix: his wife had stopped believing in the Hall of Fame. [JdeM]
– All is well in New York.
Owner Hal Steinbrenner relies as much, if not more, on his captain. https://t.co/84z4a40iMp
– Passion MLB (@passion_mlb) November 10, 2023