It’s been a while since the Habs have had a dominant team on the ice. In fact, in the last ten years, it’s been quite rare. This was the case in the 2012-2013 and 2014-2015 seasons, with fourth and second place respectively in the overall standings. For the rest, the CH has oscillated between good, average and very bad.
So that’s a pretty mixed record in the regular season over the last decade. But how bad is it really?
You can even go back to the 2000-2001 season and see that the Montreal Canadiens’ record isn’t much better:
It’s also worth noting how the Vegas Golden Knights have managed to forge an effective playoff line-up in a very short space of time. With only six NHL seasons played, they rank second for most playoff wins in the last ten years. That’s no mean feat.
– Vladimir Tarasenko has chosen his new number.
This right here is *chef’s kiss* 🤌 pic.twitter.com/QVxaXmIGer
– Ottawa Senators (@Senators) July 28, 2023
– The same goes for San Jose’s newcomers.
Not a lot going on at the moment….
but here’s some new numbers 😄 pic.twitter.com/JLPz21xH0o
– San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) July 27, 2023
– The NHL Players’ Association supports the Writers Guild of America, which is currently on strike.
– NHLPA (@NHLPA) July 28, 2023