“If I hear one more time that rest is a weapon, I’m going to go crazy .” https://t.co/r2fzTTdp8X
– TVA Sports (@TVASports) July 21, 2023
In his first season with both clubs, he saw his team eliminated in the conference finals, while in his second full year, he didn’t make the playoffs.
In the third year of each reign, that’s when he was fired.
According to The Athletic, during the 2017-2018 season, Guy Boucher’s team took part in just 49 training sessions over the course of the season, or less than two per week.
It just doesn’t make sense. I’m willing to believe that rest is important and that you shouldn’t burn out your players, but less than 50 training sessions in 185 days is borderline absurd.
The results weren’t coming, and general manager Pierre Dorion was no longer able to hear about the famous ” rest is a weapon “.
“If I hear one more time that rest is a weapon, I’m going to go crazy. – Pierre Dorion
I hope for his sake that he has learned from his mistakes and won’t impose rest on Sheldon Keefe’s troupe. It could cost him his job… again.
– Samuel Piette is reportedly ill and will not be in uniform tonight.
– CF Montréal (@cfmontreal) July 22, 2023
– Beautiful to watch.
The atmosphere was good today 😎
– Montreal Canadiens (@CanadiensMTL) July 22, 2023
– Ivan Demidov is projected as one of the top three prospects for the 2024 draft, along with Cole Eiserman and Macklin Celebrini.
The truly insane thing about Ivan Demidov (#91 in Blue) is that on top of having elite hands, great vision and solid offensive skill… he’s also engaged and intelligent defensively.
– Hadi Kalakeche (@HadiK_Scouting) July 22, 2023