Per @walsha: Max Pacioretty had 8 to 10 teams make him an offer to him in free agency.
The Capitals “just made the most sense for him and his family.”
– RMNB (@rmnb) July 15, 2023
The National Hockey League’s free-agent market opened exactly 15 days ago, on July 1.
As for Kane, we learned yesterday that he won’t be signing a contract for the time being and will wait to see how his health develops between now and the start of the season.
In short, some players still don’t have a contract, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have several offers.
The fact that they signed quickly doesn’t mean they jumped at the first offer – quite the contrary.
At least, that’s what Pacioretty’s agent Allan Walsh said in a recent episode of his Agent Provocateur podcast for the Steve Dangle Podcast Network.
Walsh explained that he and his client discussed all offers, including some from very surprising teams, before making the decision to accept the Washington Capitals’ offer.
Pacioretty’s agent left it a mystery as to which other teams were interested in his client, leaving us to ponder.
He wants stability for his family, and he wants to prove that he’s still capable of playing field hockey at the highest level and scoring goals the way he knows how.
With his recent troubling Achilles heel injuries, we really wondered if he’d find work in the NHL again, but it looks like a quarter of NHL teams were interested in his services.
In a gust
– One last season left before the Karl Alzner buyout is behind us.
Today’s #Habs Daily:
– The Canadiens are on the hook for one more year of Alzner’s buyout. It’s a good reminder for Hughes, who will have to avoid overpaying for veterans.
– Former #GoHabsGo forward Galchenyuk’s ugly arrest details.
Plus more NHL news:https://t.co/ORi1MQXxsU
– Dirt McGirt (@MarcPDumont) July 15, 2023
– There were no goaltending transactions as expected.
In the latest @BOSHockeyNow Bruins Daily:
– MurphysLaw74 (@MurphysLaw74) July 15, 2023
– Who will start for the Devils?
– SwissHabs (@SwissHabs) July 15, 2023
– Third defeat in a row for the Alouettes.
A great battle nonetheless.
– Montreal Alouettes (@MTLAlouettes) July 15, 2023
– Read more.
Why isn’t the World Cup smiling on the Canadians?
– Radio-Canada Sports (@RC_Sports) July 15, 2023