The Canadiens have hired Jim Ramsay and Maxime Gauthier in the sports medicine department #GoHabsGohttps://t.co/PRXcMQbhLC
– Montreal Canadiens (@CanadiensMTL) June 27, 2023
Just over a week ago, the Montreal Canadiens announced two new hires to the team’s sports medicine department.
What’s even more interesting about Ramsay is that, last season, he helped the Rangers become the least injured team in the entire NHL.
By hiring away the New York Rangers’ head athletic therapist Jim Ramsey, the Canadiens get the guy who was responsible for keeping the Rangers the least injured team in the NHL last season. https://t.co/shW5sx4CaX
– Andrew Zadarnowski (@AZadarski) June 27, 2023
The CH, on the other hand, was the most injured team last season, so they’ve got themselves an excellent therapist.
Last season was more of a detriment than anything else, given that it was supposed to be one of development, but in the end, the majority of the organization’s best young players ended up on the bench.
In short, it will be really interesting to see if this change in medical staff will play a significant role in the team’s future.
Let’s hope so.
In a gust
– Luke Tuch’s thoughts on Lane Hutson.
– HabsLinks (@HabsLinks) July 8, 2023
– NHL Network (@NHLNetwork) July 8, 2023
– Jake Virtanen remains with the same team.
The Fischtown Pinguins 🇩🇪 (DEL) have picked up forward Jake Virtanen’s contract option for the 2023/24 season.
Virtanen had 2 goals and 2 assists in 16 combined regular season and playoff games with the Pinguins to close the 2022/23 season. pic.twitter.com/EqlyU0eC8E
– Complete Hockey News (@CompleteHkyNews) July 8, 2023
– He should be fit for training camp.
– SwissHabs (@SwissHabs) July 8, 2023
– A crucial game tonight for CF Montreal.