– Frank Seravalli (@frank_seravalli) May 8, 2023
But you can’t openly criticize the league or its referees, because that doesn’t fly. You also can’t bend the rules of the collective agreement, and the Canucks just learned that the hard way!
Canucks were warned if it happens again, the fines will be significantly higher fines.
– Rick Dhaliwal (@DhaliwalSports) May 8, 2023
I really have a hard time understanding how something like this could have happened. What did the Canucks and Patrik Allvin have to gain from training after the season was over? I don’t understand how an NHL team can break this kind of rule on purpose, or at least think they won’t get caught. From the number of witnesses, including the players themselves, it’s clear they were out to get caught.
It reminds me a little of the story of the Arizona Coyotes, who held a physical testing session with certain prospects in preparation for the 2020 draft. As if no one was going to talk or notice that you’re not supposed to do anything like that!
In the case of the Coyotes, I figure at least they had a potential gain to go with additional data to refine their evaluations of these prospects. But as for the Canucks, I don’t see what they could possibly gain by doing this!
Incidentally, this isn’t the first time the Canucks, then led by Jim Benning, have been busted for breaking the rules of the collective agreement. Indeed, in 2016, they were also fined $50,000. This time, it was for publicly announcing their interest in Steven Stamkos and P.K. Subban while they were still under contract with the Lightning and Canadiens respectively.
– Hard to argue otherwise.
– The Globe and Mail (@globeandmail) May 8, 2023
– For once, it looks like his name is only being bandied about for the sake of media buzz.
À VOIR | Patrick Roy or “a puppet” to succeed Gerard Gallant? 🤔🏒 https://t.co/IGFqJQuCJZ
– JiC TVA Sports (@jic_tvasports) May 8, 2023
– What a great idea from the Rocket!
This season, we started a new tradition!
The signature wall has appeared in the Place Bell courtyards. Every player (or almost every player 😅 ) who has donned a Rocket uniform has signed it. ✍️
– Rocket de Laval (@RocketLaval) May 8, 2023
– They’re the club to beat in the QMJHL.
Nathan Gaucher and the Remparts are ready for the QMJHL finalhttps://t.co/K8JnwKTnxP
– RDS (@RDSca) May 8, 2023
– Let’s just say the mental game would be different if we saw this in the MLB.
“With a 20-second timer, pitchers won’t be able to concentrate”
Savannah Bananas 👇 https://t.co/NcrEUceOPY
– Nicolas Ducharme (@NicolasDucharme) May 8, 2023