Francis Bouillon sees great potential in Beck and Mailloux | JDM https://t.co/Whmni4J1N8
– Marc de Foy (@FoyMarc) June 1, 2023
See this post on Instagram
“Take chances, take big chances with some guys. I can get you 3rd and 4th trio guys no problem. Go get me some guys who will get the fans out of their seats.” – Barry Trotz
It would be nice for the Predators to be able to draft this way. In fact, Nashville has never really had success in the last few rounds of the draft since the team’s inception.
The Predators’ last “home run” in the final rounds of a draft was Martin Erat, selected in the seventh round in 1999. A long way from a home run.
It’s a risky strategy to select players who could be home runs, but it’s a strategy that can pay off solidly.
This is Barry Trotz’s first time as general manager of an NHL team, but he was once a scout for the Washington Capitals. He knows the game. But I think he’ll do a great job for the Predators, especially at the draft.
Perhaps Kent Hughes will adopt this way of thinking at the next draft. If the Canadiens are betting on home runs, selecting Matvei Michkov could be the answer. It’s a risk, but a risk that could pay off.
– We hope they develop well.
– What a job by the CH hopeful.
The winning goal + two assists for our prospect Jared Davidson tonight!
– Montreal Canadiens (@CanadiensMTL) June 1, 2023
– there should be some excellent players on the market this year.
NHL Freelancers | Some players could test the market https://t.co/K839ninrx7
– La Presse Sports (@LaPresse_Sports) May 31, 2023
– The Petes and Blazers will face off to determine who will be the second team in the semi-finals.