Florida has thrived under pressure for months. The Bruins have yet to face it. https://t.co/jAZO7dtyFC
– masslivesports (@masslivesports) April 29, 2023
That’s all well and good. The problem is, this team hasn’t experienced pressure… all season long.
Today, Boston finds itself in a position where they could lose in the first round to the Panthers, a club that…
- finished the season 18th in the NHL, 43 points behind the Bruins
- has as many wins (42) as the Bruins have victories by two goals or more
- allowed 98 more goals than the Bruins during the season.
How will the NHL’s best team react tonight, when they’ll be under pressure for the first time this season? Veterans like Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand have already experienced it, but what about the rest of the team?
Remember that the Presidents’ Trophy winner has only won the Stanley Cup twice since the 2004-2005 lockout.
In a gust
– Bruins mystery.
Montgomery wouldn’t give his lineup changes, but Swayman was the first goalie off and Foligno stayed out on the ice late. Clifton was also out late. Take it for what you will
– steve conroy (@conroyherald) April 30, 2023
– Rick Bowness would not be in danger.
GM Kevin Cheveldayoff says Rick Bowness and his staff did a great job. Confirms he’s coming back next season.
Of Game 5 post-game comments and fallout: Believes they were said in heat of moment, and won’t be any issue going forward with players.
– Mike McIntyre (@mikemcintyrewpg) April 30, 2023
– Legends react.
Maple Leafs legends on the end of the drought and what comes next – ‘They deserve this’
– Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) April 30, 2023
– Not wrong.
All the sudden playoff outlook looking good for the Leafs, will either get a Bruins teaming coming off a Game 7 in a series where they looked “meh” (still would be a tough series tho) or the Florida Panthers. If they advance to the 3rd RD, Metro teams are good but not scary good.
– NHL Watcher (@NHL_Watcher) April 30, 2023