– Hockey Inside/Out (@HabsIO) November 11, 2023
It’s often said, but Kent Hughes hit a home run by accepting Sean Monahan’s contract and receiving a first-round pick from the Calgary Flames in the process.
Monahan’s addition became very good with his performances.
In 23-24, not only does he remain healthy (touch wood as I write this), but he’s having a very good season with 6 goals and 12 points in 13 games.
Sean Monahan’s trade value after every game since his injury
– HFTV (@HFTVSports) January 4, 2023
His injury put an end to those rumours, but this season they’re back with a vengeance.
Although his value is skyrocketing with these performances this season, many believe that extending Sean Monahan should be Kent Hughes’ top priority.
That’s what The Montreal Gazette reports.
I’ve long thought we should trade Monahan at the trade deadline (in 22-23 or 23-24), but he brings a lot to a club and is very important for the CH’s youngsters.
Although he’s only 29 years old, he’s already in his 11th NHL season, and he can bring a lot to the table for a few good years, as part of the CH’s young core.
To think that the Flames gave Monahan a first-round pick so they could sign Kadri as a free agent…
It’s also important to remember that Monahan is an important part of the third trio. Complemented by Brendan Gallagher and Tanner Pearson, this unit is wreaking havoc this season.
Not bad for a player we all thought was “finished”, speaking of Gally.
The return of the “Gallagher of yesteryear” is partly explained by the presence of Sean Monahan, who acts as a Phillip Danault for Gallagher:
Sean Monahan, Brendan Gallagher’s Phillip Danault 2.0 → https://t.co/OI3FDOz8Jj
– DansLesCoulisses (@DLCoulisses) November 7, 2023
Clearly, Hughes will have to weigh the pros and cons of this situation. He should get calls for number 91, but if the return isn’t enticing enough, the GM probably won’t trade him.
– Marc-Antoine Dequoy’s 101-yard return to start the Eastern final.
The Alouettes are on the board first with this defensive touchdown! pic.twitter.com/p4Hm0rklhG
– TSN (@TSN_Sports) November 11, 2023
– For those who didn’t know, there’s a new team in the WHL, the Wenatchee Wild.
We have assigned forward Matt Savoie to Wenatchee (WHL).
– Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) November 11, 2023
– Matt Savoie was drafted 9th overall in 2022 and once again sent down to junior. Don’t worry about Filip Mesar, who was selected late in the first round in 2022.
It’s kind of ironic that this comes at the same time that Middlestadt is finally truly arriving.
Many surely thought that pick was never gonna land.
They rushed him way too much. A year and a half in Buffalo lost and struggling before finally Rochester and returning better.
– Brian Wilde (@BWildeMTL) November 11, 2023
– Patrik Laine scored his 200th career goal.
LAINE IS ON THE LOOSE ONCE AGAIN!!!
– Columbus Blue Jackets (@BlueJacketsNHL) November 11, 2023