The Tampa Bay Lightning are doing quite well this early in the season, but their 4-2-2 record isn’t necessarily what you’d expect from them.
The franchise goalkeeper hasn’t been able to play a single game this season, due to surgery for a herniated disc.
Jonas Johansson is doing very well as the club’s starting goaltender in Vasi’s absence, with a 4-1-2 record, a 2.56 goals-against average and a 0.925 save percentage.
However, while he’s doing very well, we’re all looking forward to Vasilevskiy’s return to Tampa Bay to carry the team on his shoulders, as he did so well during his career.
Although Johansson is surprising many this season, the Lightning can’t count on him and Matt Tomkins in net for much longer.
It’ll catch up with them eventually.
Another look at The Big Cat going through some light skating drills in Brandon. pic.twitter.com/KAVmfg3183
– Chris Krenn (@Chris_Krenn) October 29, 2023
Of course, we don’t necessarily expect him to return this week, as he’s not yet fully into his training.
When it was announced on the Bolts ‘ side that Vasilevskiy couldn’t start the season, there were rumors that, with his absence, they’d be thinking of acquiring a goalie to temporarily make up for his loss.
Balloting was mentioned as a solution, and many thought of the Montreal Canadiens’ third goaltender, Cayden Primeau.
The Montreal club strongly believes that it would lose Primeau to the ballot if he ended up there, so it’s content to play with three goalies.
Nevertheless, with Vasilevskiy’s earlier return, the CH might be more inclined to send Primeau to the ballot.
With Jake Allen’s stellar start to the season, teams may be more interested in the veteran goaltender.
Let’s see what Kent Hughes and Jeff Gorton have in store for us.
– The Montreal Canadiens have issued a statement on the death of Adam Johnson.
Statement from the Montreal Canadiens
A statement from the Montreal Canadiens pic.twitter.com/Rmf3nK58Ja
– Montreal Canadiens (@CanadiensMTL) October 30, 2023
– A spectator at the Heritage Classic made a very shameful gesture during the minute of silence for Adam Johnson…[LetsGoHabs]
– 27:30 of playing time for a forward, that’s a lot.
Kirill Kaprizov today:
27:30 TOI (most from a forward this season)
– 0 goals
– 0 points
– 5 shots
– 11 shot attempts
– 1 penalty drawn
– +12 shot differential while he’s on the ice
He’s doing everything he can for Minnesota. pic.twitter.com/3Artj5ZiW1
– Big Head Hockey (@BigHeadHcky) October 29, 2023
– Shane Wright made a sharp, precise throw.
Shane Wright. Overtime.
– American Hockey League (@TheAHL) October 30, 2023
– Everyone remembers Georges Laraque’s famous hat trick
– Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) October 30, 2023
– For Rocky fans, you’re in for a treat.
Ivan Miroshnichenko gets in first AHL fight, Bears change his name in locker stall to Ivan Drago https://t.co/jFD9rGaggf
– RMNB (@rmnb) October 30, 2023