BREAKING NEWS: The @QMJHL has introduced new sanctions against fighting for the upcoming season.
Players who fight will be automatically ejected with further discipline to follow. Is this the right move? pic.twitter.com/SeZM5wRPke
– Habs Fan TV (@HabsFanTV_) August 10, 2023
While the majority of people who disagree with this new law are strongmen, many Internet users don’t like the news either.
They’re quite rare on this publication, but it’s worth mentioning because the point made makes a lot of sense. The user in question points out that the WHL and OHL should also comply.
Yes, limiting fighting as much as possible in junior where there can be 16 yr players playing with much older bigger players, with such large differences in size, strength and age fighting is dangerous, @TheWHL and @OHLHockey should follow suit with @QMJHL for that reason.
– field hockey ninja 💙 Hutson🏒🥅 🇺🇦 #BLM Trans🏳️⚧️ (@lovehockey_mtl) August 10, 2023
This Internet user also made a good point, pointing out that in the USHL and NCAA, fighting is also forbidden, and that doesn’t stop them from being two of the best development leagues in field hockey.
Many good points are made on both sides, and it’s worth talking about.
– What a hit! Don’t miss the game on Sportsnet and TVA Sports 2.
– Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) August 11, 2023
– Always humble that Ovechkin.
Alex Ovechkin on his chase of Wayne Gretzky’s all-time goals record: “I still doubt it’s possible, but I’ll do my best” https://t.co/jX4HnuijOF
– RMNB (@rmnb) August 11, 2023
– Read more.
If the rotation doesn’t need help, the pitcher might find the time long. https://t.co/aqox9UTCCV
– Passion MLB (@passion_mlb) August 11, 2023
– TVA Sports (@TVASports) August 11, 2023