Mid-season in Formula 1 | Smiles, papaya and the race for second https://t.co/y72M4z817A
– La Presse Sports (@LaPresse_Sports) July 16, 2023
Yes, unfortunately, it’s now truly the off-season in the National Hockey League, with all the big events like the draft and the opening of the free-agent market behind us.
And then there’s the Montreal Canadiens’ development camp.
There’s not much going on in the field hockey world, apart from a few rumours and signings here and there.
It’s been a long time since Montreal fans have seen their team in action, since they didn’t play in the playoffs.
It was still entertaining to watch the playoffs, but it’s not like watching a CH game, even when they’re not performing as well as they have over the past two seasons.
Well, even if it’s going to be a long, hard wait before we see a Montreal Canadiens game again, we now know THE date for field hockey’s return, as the CH recently announced its schedule of preparatory games.
There will of course be training camp and rookie camp before then, but the Tricolore’s first official game will take place on September 25 at the Bell Centre.
The final pre-season game will take place in Ottawa on October 7, four days before the official start of the CH’s 2023-2024 season on October 11 against the Maple Leafs in Toronto.
In short, the preseason is still a long way off, but at least we know what it’s going to be like.
By the way, I think six preseason games is a lot, but it’s already better than other years when the CH played seven or even eight preseason games.
It will be all the more interesting to follow the players’ performances this year, considering the colossal number of players who will have a chance of making the team.
– Summary of the week with the CH.
This week’s top #GoHabsGo stories:
– Projected Montreal Canadiens lineup and salary cap information.
– Restricted free agents sign extensions.
– Alzner buyout enters final year.
– The impact of Price’s LTIR situation.
– Habs Mailbag(s).
And much more⬇️https://t.co/3vVc1hfWew
– Dirt McGirt (@MarcPDumont) July 16, 2023
– Finally a win for CF Montreal.
+3 at home 📈
– CF Montréal (@cfmontreal) July 16, 2023
– A first goal for Mahala Opoku with CF Montreal.
– CF Montreal (@cfmontreal) July 16, 2023
– Good luck to Lionel Messi. The task is proving very complicated.
🗣️ “Messi is about to play with the worst teammates of his entire career. #InterMiamiCF is awful, winning a #MLS Cup with this team could be harder than winning a World Cup with Argentina.” – @ManagerTactical https://t.co/84fuyMavRl
– KAN FC ⚽ (@kanfootballclub) July 16, 2023
– Formula 1 mid-season report.