Thanks to his excellent play, Samuel Montembeault kept the Canadiens in games this year.
Also, thanks to his excellent play, Samuel Montembeault has kept the Canadians in games this year.
– Marc Dumont (@MarcPDumont) May 27, 2023
And if there’s one player who’s getting virtually all the attention when it comes to rumours linking him to Montreal, it’s Pierre-Luc Dubois.
Indeed, the Winnipeg Jets’ Quebec center remains one of the hottest topics in Montreal to this day.
Everyone talks about Pierre-Luc Dubois as if he were already a member of the CH, whereas right now, he’s a Jets player who won’t even be an uncompensated free agent this summer.
Because we’re well aware of Dubois’ great interest in playing at home in Quebec.
He wants to play in Montreal, and that’s what fuels so many rumors.
All of which explains why every move made by the Jets’ number 80 is closely watched by Montreal fans and media alike.
See this post on Instagram
The question I’m asking myself and now I’m asking you: could the strong bonds forged between Dubois and his teammates sway Dubois towards the option of staying with the Jets?
We know that field hockey players generally don’t want to move to Winnipeg, especially not for the long term.
There’s no guarantee that Dubois would get along with the CH players – on the contrary.
He’d get such a star-studded welcome from Montreal fans and media alike, it would surely make some Tricolore players jealous.
In short, it’s clear that this is something Dubois will take into account when deciding on his future, but at the same time, when you look at the friends he’s currently traveling with, you notice that they’re not Jets stalwarts.
In fact, Dubois’ publication features the following players (from left to right):
- Kevin Stenlund: 26 years old, depth player who still straddles the NHL and AHL – also a former teammate of Dubois in Columbus.
- Pierre-Luc Dubois
- Morgan Barron: 24 years old, character player who has made his way into the Jets’ bottom-6 this season, but is not the foundation of the Jets’ future.
- Axel Jonsson-Fjällby: 25 years old, drafted by the Jets earlier this season with 73 career NHL games played.
- Emil Bemstrom: 23, former teammate of Dubois in Columbus.
In a gust
– That’s right.
– Canada pulls out all the stops against Latvia.
Miks Indrasis’ moves🔥🔥
– TSN (@TSN_Sports) May 27, 2023
– Some very interesting changes in the Champions Hockey League.
-A minor penalty will be served even if a goal is scored on a delayed penalty.
-Short-handed goal will erase current minor penalty, if a SHG is scored, the minor penalty against will end.
– NHL Watcher (@NHL_Watcher) May 27, 2023
– Read more.
#Habs Mailbag answers!
– What should the Canadiens offer for Dubois?
– Should they target Lafreniere?
– Where will Mailloux play?
– Storytime with Beck/Hutson
– Byron’s future with the team.
– My favourite field hockey card.
And much more! Check it out:https://t.co/7GDDPRQwZ0
– Marc Dumont (@MarcPDumont) May 26, 2023
– Great response from Fernando Tatis Jr.