It’s #Habs Mailbag time!
– Could Caufield receive an offer sheet?
– Where some prospects could end up next year.
– Slafkovsky & Caufield’s development.
– The importance of having a good support system.
– Poutine (of course!)
And much more. Check it out:https://t.co/zO369xWgCm
– Dirt McGirt (@MarcPDumont) May 19, 2023
At the beginning of April, Cole Caufield’s contract was thought to be imminent. There were rumors that he would be able to sign before the end of the regular season.
Is the signing, one month later, imminent? Obviously, it’s hard to say at the moment, but it’s clear that the file is publicly in slow motion.
According to Marc Dumont, who used to work for the Habs, things aren’t moving very quickly at the moment.
Yes, we understand that anything can happen at any time, as Geoff Molson said. After all, Pat Brisson (Pierre-Luc Dubois’ agent) and Kent Hughes won’t be shouting from the rooftops that a deal is official.
Because in a little over a month, the off-season will be quite predominant. The draft will be approaching and players’ contracts will be expiring, which will lead to personnel movements. It’s going to be intense for everyone.
– Andy Strickland (@andystrickland) May 10, 2023
In the coming weeks, managers and agents will be under more pressure as everything comes together more quickly. Ideally, we’d like to get this behind us as quickly as possible.
But I’m sure the Canadiens’ top brass know that. Still, I’d be curious to know how often Brisson and Hughes are chatting these days.
– Logan Cooley[insert college arena joke] in 2023-2024.
9️⃣2️⃣ IS BACK‼️
– Minnesota Men’s Hockey (@GopherHockey) May 19, 2023
– I can’t wait to see what happens.
“There’s a good fan base” 🏒 https://t.co/QVxpqOiKsJ
– TVA Sports (@TVASports) May 19, 2023
– Has Patrick Roy said his last word?[BPM Sports]
– Good text.
– Mathias Brunet (@mathiasbrunet) May 19, 2023