Mailloux’s two points aren’t enoughhttps://t.co/ycVznMJw4y
– RDS (@RDSca) May 3, 2023
Do you know the singer Lizzo? We’re talking about a famous American singer who is overweight.
The reason I’m bringing it up this morning is that P.K. Subban was in the news last night on ESPN when he made a reference to the singer. And not for the right reasons.
– P.K. Subban (@PKSubban1) May 3, 2023
The problem? He didn’t say it like that.
To demonstrate how hard the club was going to have to work to win, he mentioned that the “lunch” he was referring to was going to have to be Lizzo-sized. He clearly meant… ah well, you get the idea.
“Lizzo sized lunch”😭😭😭
P.K. SUBBAN IS WILD💀💀💀 pic.twitter.com/VgqOQ0eXMd
– KuttaBanda (@dreamzz_kidd) May 3, 2023
I don’t think I need to tell you that in 2023, comments like these don’t go unmentioned.
Subban’s comments have been making the rounds on the web, and a simple search of the words “Subban” and “Lizzo” on Twitter shows that the former Canadiens player has offended a lot of people.
NHL growing the game for women:
– Biz saying women only watch field hockey for attractive men
– Phil Esposito calling a Leafs fan (a woman) fat while on-air.
– PK Subban fat-shaming Lizzo
But Jack Edwards is still flamed for his comments about Pat Maroon. Give me a break.
– Lauren (@BOSBruinsHC) May 3, 2023
On the other hand, some people find it funny, mention that it’s not what he said, or call the offended people soft. Yes, Subban did start a debate with all that.
– Oh well.
Post this on Instagram
– Can the CH take inspiration from the Kraken? [BPM Sports]
– Too bad.
– Olympiques and Phoenix lost. Joshua Roy was cleared.
– Blue Jays defeat.