Friedman adds Pens are entering Phase 2 of the interviews and the names he is hearing are Chayka, Darche, MacKinnon, Tulsky and either Greeley or Karmanos.
– NHL Watcher (@NHL_Watcher) May 17, 2023
Marc Bergevin’s name has been circulating a lot lately.
We don’t know how the interview went for Bergevin, but one thing is certain. The Penguins have decided to make another call.
At least, that’s what Elliotte Friedman told us in the latest episode of his podcast (32 Thoughts).
It’s 2023 and women’s place in the world of sports is becoming increasingly popular.
So, the Penguins met with Kate Madigan and Meghan Duggan for the GM position. But, if Friedman’s comments are anything to go by…
Clearly, he’ll have to wait a little longer before finding himself a GM job in the NHL. But seeing his name linked to certain rumours leads me to believe that this is a good sign for the future…
But hey. Nobody’s perfect in life. Right?
As for what’s next for Pittsburgh, a little birdie tells me that Mathieu Darche will (finally) get the chance to make his mark as general manager in the big leagues.
I could be wrong… But if I had an old $2 to bet, that’s the direction I’d go in.
– Ken Holland stays in Edmonton.
Asked Holland if he planned on keeping his hands on the wheel as GM next season.
Asked about plans for succession he indicated he hadn’t gone too far down that path yet.
– Ryan Rishaug (@TSNRyanRishaug) May 17, 2023
– Still, interesting. The NHL has options.
As I’ve stated here over the last year: Expressed interest in potential ownership in @NHL clubs has been robust. From purchase (Ottawa), potential relocation (Arizona), and Expansion (Houston, Salt Lake, North Georgia, + more). ⏰. #HockeyTwitter
– Kevin Weekes (@KevinWeekes) May 17, 2023
– Sidney Crosby is a really good person.
– To be continued. We know how dominant Nadal has been at this tournament since the start of his career.
Nadal to announce on Thursday whether he’ll play at Roland-Garros https://t.co/XGo1ZQrbKd
– La Presse Sports (@LaPresse_Sports) May 17, 2023
– Which team will be prepared to offer him a four-year contract? That’s the question.