Just last week, we told you about the possibility that two Quebecers—Miguel Cienfuegos and Cédric De Grandpré—might get called up to the majors in September.
But now we have to add another name to that list. According to Will Sammon of The Athletic, the New York Mets have promoted Émilien Pitre to Triple-A.
The Mets are promoting Émilien Pitre to Triple-A, league sources said. He was one of the three prospects New York acquired from the Rays for Freddy Peralta at the trade deadline. Heading into today, he was slashing .343/.443/.476 at Double-A (202 plate appearances, combining time with both organizations).
— Will Sammon (@WillSammon) August 16, 2026
The 23-year-old is now just one small step away from the majors, moving up from Double-A in Binghamton to Triple-A in Syracuse. The Repentigny native was one of three prospects acquired from the Tampa Bay Rays in the Freddy Peralta trade.
Pitre had posted a .375 batting average with an OPS of .761 and one stolen base in ten games for Binghamton since the trade, bringing his overall batting average to .316 with an OPS of .872 and 33 stolen bases in 98 games between Class A and Double-A this year.
His walk-to-strikeout ratio (72 to 44) is also excellent.
The Rays' second-round pick in 2024 out of the University of Kentucky could see action at second base next year—and perhaps even as early as September of this year—especially if Marcus Semien doesn't get back on track.
We can bet that when the next ranking of the top Major League Baseball prospects is released, Pitre will no longer be the 13th-best prospect in the Mets' organization.
It's worth noting that Elian Pena was also part of the Mets' roster moves; he was promoted from Class A in St. Lucie to Class A-Fort in Brooklyn.
Created by humans, assisted by AI.