– Costa Rontzocos (@Rontzeeez) November 16, 2023
The Laval Rocket (5-7-1) has a young team. This makes it difficult for the club to find its rhythm, as it’s inevitably more difficult for young players.
It’s part of the learning process.
Then, in the Rocket’s four games before the week-long break in early November, he collected nothing in terms of points. As a result of the break, he went two weeks without collecting a single point.
As a result, Roy has been on fire since the start of the season. He has 17 points in 13 games. He could become the Rocket’s all-time leading scorer if he keeps up the pace.
But what’s even more interesting is that Roy, who is on track for 94 points this season, is the AHL’s top rookie right now. He leads Logan Stankoven (15) by two points.
And while the Stars prospect has a game in hand on his Team Canada junior teammate, that doesn’t make it any less impressive.
As Costa Rontzocos reported on X, it’s worth mentioning that Roy is also the second-highest scorer (tied with others) in overall points in the AHL.
He’s one point behind Adam Gaudette, a guy who’s been playing in the AHL since 2018… and who’s played two more games than Roy since the start of the 2023-2024 season. Still.
With 11 points in 13 games, Sean Farrell is the fifth most productive rookie in the AHL. Logan Mailloux, with seven points in 13 games, is also the third-highest-scoring first-year defenseman. These are by far the club’s most productive rookies.
– Good afternoon, gentlemen.
– Montreal Canadiens (@CanadiensMTL) November 16, 2023
– The Knights are in a slump, but the CH has just two wins in regular time this season.
Vegas in Montreal tonight, they are 1-3-0 in their last 4, only win coming vs San Jose. #VegasBorn
– NHL Watcher (@NHL_Watcher) November 16, 2023
– I’ll let you answer for the Habs… but for Toronto, I’d say Dead Leaves.
Today, we’re asking you, “What Cowboys Fringants song title or excerpt makes you think of the Canadiens?” Your answers will be featured on the show at 4pm!
– Entre 2 matCHs (@Entre2Matchs) November 16, 2023
– Serves him right… doesn’t it?
Edmonton’s Adam Erne has been fined $2,018.23, the maximum allowable under the CBA, for Elbowing Seattle’s Pierre-Edouard Bellemare.
– NHL Player Safety (@NHLPlayerSafety) November 16, 2023
– Listen now.
As you know, @Hellmanns and the Blue, White, Red have joined forces for an exclusive video series called “Legends in the Kitchen.”
– Tony Marinaro (@TonyMarinaro) November 16, 2023