Vinzenz Rohrer has signed a two-year deal with the Zurich Lions in Switzerland, covering his 19- and 20-year old seasons. The Canadiens third round pick needs to be signed by June 1st 2024 to retain his rights which would conflict with his second season with the Lions.
– Andrew Zadarnowski (@AZadarski) June 25, 2023
What’s really grabbing the field hockey world’s attention at the moment is the fast-approaching draft, and the transaction rumours that are intensifying all over the National Hockey League.
On this subject, Marco D’Amico shed some light on what this two-year contract in Switzerland means for Rohrer and the Habs.
If the Canadiens sign Vinzenz Rohrer to an ELC this summer, it could still slide and he would be eligible to make the jump to the AHL next season.
– Marco D’Amico (@mndamico) June 25, 2023
In the end, I don’t think it’s a decision that will amaze the CH management, considering that the Tricolore always prefers to have his prospects as close as possible, but at the same time, it will be a great experience for Rohrer to go and play against men in Europe.
Let’s see where this leads, and if the CH will prefer to put Rohrer under contract this summer.
– That’s a good one.
The smoke in the air this morning in Montreal is that of fans hoping to see Dubois in the metropolis. https://t. co/gXKnZS1Xa5
– Olivier Paradis-Lemieux (@OliParle) June 25, 2023
– So far, here are the Russian players who will be on site for the draft.
Confirmed Russians in North America for the NHL Draft so far:
– Dylan Griffing (@GriffingDylan) June 25, 2023
– Ouinh hein…
– Marc-Olivier Beaudoin (@MOBeaudoin1) June 25, 2023
– Torey Krug should not lift his non-movement clause. This could definitively block the big deal between the Blues and Flyers.
We will see how this develops throughout the next day or so, but hearing this morning that Torey Krug is leaning towards not waiving his no-trade clause.
– Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) June 25, 2023
– Where will Erik Karlsson end up?
– Max Miller (@Real_Max_Miller) June 24, 2023
– Montreal CF goaltender Jonathan Sirois has eight shutouts in his last 11 starts.