Canes with a 14-0 edge in scoring chances in the third according to @NatStatTrick. Shots were 14-2.
– Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) May 19, 2023
No moment too big for the kid 💥 pic.twitter.com/nYJZdMgHk4
– Carolina Hurricanes (@Canes) May 19, 2023
The Canes led 12-10 in shots, while having concretized on the power play, as they took advantage of one of their opponents’ penalties.
SWAGGY GIVES US THE LEAD 🗣️ pic.twitter.com/IhusgWOHbH
– Florida Panthers (@FlaPanthers) May 19, 2023
When you’ve got Radko Gudas and Matthew Tkachuk on one side, it’s rare to have a quiet stoppage time.
He completed the scoring on the power play to boost his team’s efficiency to 2 in 4 on the power play.
The Hurricanes were everywhere in the third period. They completely dominated Paul Maurice’s team in terms of shots, with 14 to the Cats ‘ 2 in the third.
That’s an incredible statistic for scoring chances in the third period.
Ryan Lomberg, back in the lineup, thought he’d played hero with the overtime winner, but the goal was disallowed after review.
Ryan Lomberg nets the OT winner for the Panthers, under review pic.twitter.com/DnHqvOlkYq
– CJ Fogler account may or may not be notable (@cjzero) May 19, 2023
– TSN (@TSN_Sports) May 19, 2023
– Although several statistical columns were very close in this game, the percentage of face-offs won was heavily in the Hurricanes’ favor in the first half (62-38).
Rod Brind’Amour’s team took their foot off the gas pedal in the second half, but still maintained an efficiency of 56.1% in the three periods of regulation time.
– A big night’s work for them.