– Arthur Staple (@StapeAthletic) August 10, 2023
As we get closer and closer to the opening of NHL training camps, there are still a few autonomous restricted players who have yet to sign a pact with their current team. These include Alexis Lafrenière, Evan Bouchard and Trevor Zegras, among others.
And in the case of the latter, the situation seems rather mysterious. He’s arguably the team’s best forward right now, but negotiations for a long-term contract are going nowhere.
According to Frank Seravalli, therefore, we shouldn’t be surprised to see him sign a bridge contract. A two-year pact seems the most likely scenario, Seravalli believes.
If that’s the case, we can probably expect Zegras to earn around $5 million a year. At the same time, it would allow the Ducks to reassess the situation in two years’ time, when several of the club’s young forwards (including Mason McTavish and Leo Carlsson) will have made the jump to the NHL.
This will be an issue to keep an eye on, but expect a bridge contract for Zegras. That may change, but right now, it’s the most likely option.
See this publication on Instagram
It’s been known for some time that Patrick Kane won’t be signing before the start of the season. The forward wants to wait until he’s healthy again before initialing his next pact, which means he’ll have to wait until the fall to do so.
A second chance in which he’ll be healthy this time.
– George Richards (@GeorgeRichards) August 11, 2023
We’ll see which team he turns to once he’s healthy, which could be as late as December.
– Speaking of Kane and the Rangers.
Superstars the New York Rangers have acquired past their prime:
– Patrick Kane
– Wayne Gretzky
– Pavel Bure
– Eric Lindros
– Brendan Shanahan
– Kevin Stevens
– Olli Jokinen
– Wade Redden
– Phil Esposito
– Marcel Dionne
– Markus Naslund
– Jari Kurri
It’s on-brand for them. pic.twitter.com/dJb6Eg0Y20
– Big Head Hockey (@BigHeadHcky) August 12, 2023
– Back injury for Bianca Andreescu.
– Bianca (@Bandreescu_) August 13, 2023
– Under the watchful eye of Nathan MacKinnon, Jannik Sinner advances to the final of the National Bank Open.
– TVA Sports (@TVASports) August 13, 2023
– To be continued.
The offer would be very tempting🤑🤑https://t.co/yoYzzUEanv
– TVA Sports (@TVASports) August 12, 2023
– Jacksonville Jaguars (@Jaguars) August 12, 2023
– James Harden won’t be traded after all, even though he no longer wants to play for the 76ers. My text on the subject.