Just one period into the series and Matthew Tkachuk has 6 hits already. 💥 pic.twitter.com/UsgCVxDOoh
– TSN (@TSN_Sports) May 2, 2023
A product of the University of Minnesota, Knies picked up his first NHL point on April 11, in the Leafs’ penultimate game of the season.
He didn’t play in the first duel of the playoffs, but Kyle Dubas inserted him into the lineup afterwards, and it seems to be paying off.
Just an epic way to score your first NHL goal 😮💨 pic.twitter.com/vgSzJ3zJj9
– Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) May 3, 2023
Knies’ goal cut the deficit to one, and the Leafs briefly gained momentum afterwards. Michael Bunting tied it with his first of the playoffs.
Let’s hope for Knies’ sake (and that of the Canadian-owned Panthers) that he can continue his dream series with a double or more.
– Tkachuk continues to haunt opponents with his physical play.
– Many believe that Matthew Beniers should have been a finalist for the Lady Byng Trophy.
Matty Beniers played 80 games and took ONE minor penalty… https://t. co/XrbtnnID6X
– Rachel Doerrie (@racheldoerrie) May 2, 2023
– That’s one way of looking at it.
Stat of the Day: #LeafsForever haven’t lost a game in Round 2 in over 19 years
– The Hockey News (@TheHockeyNews) May 3, 2023
– A fine 14-season career comes to an end.
À VOIR | Quebec goalie has no illusions: it’s probably over 😔 https://t.co/haYWL0VPzp
– TVA Sports (@TVASports) May 2, 2023