DeBrincat’s qualifying offer is 1-year, $9 million – if it gets to that point. https://t.co/IGNrmwLTaZ
– Frank Seravalli (@frank_seravalli) April 10, 2023
– Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) June 30, 2023
However, the list of teams interested in DeBrincat’s services is longer than these two. There are also the New York Islanders, the Washington Capitals and the Dallas Stars.
It’s also worth mentioning that if the Senators fail to secure a return that makes sense, both sides will have to go to arbitration.
If the teams in the race for The Cat don’t have any interesting goalies to offer Ottawa, or if they don’t want to part with a quality goalie, Dorion will still want to acquire one during the off-season.
Ottawa’s GM could make a trade, or he could find an interesting option in the free-agent market.
In the end, only one team will obtain the negotiating rights to the talented little forward. We’ll have to wait until the off-season, as this derby is likely to be intense.
This year had the most players not qualified since we started tracking Qualifying Offers:
– CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) July 1, 2023
– Here’s Scott Wheeler’s list of first-round draft winners and losers. [The Athletic]
– Read more.
Andrew Cristall on his playing style, his friendship with Vincent Iorio, and modeling his game after Nicklas Backstrom https://t.co/47qrn1BdLp
– RMNB (@rmnb) July 1, 2023
– After losing the services of Fred VanVleet to the Houston Rockets, the Raptors sign Dennis Schroder at guard.