Maybe your favourite song of 2012 was âGlad You Came,â or âI Found Youâ or âChasing the Sun.â But The Wantedâs Tom Parker has been obsessed with a different Top 40 smash: Scream by Usher. Parker shared his pick for the best song of the year while talking with Canada.com.
Listen to his jam below, but first, here are 5 fast facts about the tune.
1. Scream is the eighteenth top 10 single of Usher's career, and it reached the No. 10 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 the week of June 30, 2012.
2. For the 2012 Billboard Music Awards, May 20 in Las Vegas, Usher performed Scream on the show. The Wanted were there that night, too, and did a rendition of Chasing the Sun. It's unclear whether Parker was "screaming" like a "Wanted Fanmily" member during Ursh's set.
3. From the club to off-Broadway. Usher recruited the dancers of off-Broadway show Fuerza Bruta for his Scream music video, and even debuted current album Looking for Myself -- Scream included -- during two April 2012 performances of the stage extravaganza.
4. Usher sings the phrase "Ooh, baby, baby" 36 times during the course of Scream.
5. One of Scream's co-writers, Savan Kotecha, has famously created hits for dozens of Top 40 superstars -- including several acts with ties to The Wanted. He contributed to tracks by Wanted tour mates Britney Spears ("I Wanna Go," "If U Seek Amy") and Justin Bieber ("Beauty and a Beat") -- as well as their No. 1 rival in the boy band war, One Direction. (He's responsible for 1D mega hits "Live While We're Young," "What Makes You Beautiful," "One Thing" and nearly everything 1D's ever recorded.) He even wrote a Lindsay Lohan tune, "Disconnected" -- a little detail The Wanted could always chat about next time they stash her on their tour bus.
Bonus: If you mash Scream together with The Wanted's Chasing the Sun, you get this.
Watch Scream by Usher:
Check back to canada.com in the days ahead as we roll out Best Music of 2012 picks from more of your favourite pop stars.